What is molar pregnancy? Some people in Malaysia would called it 'bunting anggur'.
Molar pregnancy is an abnormal growth of foetus or it could be an embryo in uterus. This growth triggers symptoms of pregnancy. Some woman will undergo nausea and vomiting. Molar pregnancy has to be treated right away. It is also an indicator of cancer. All of the tissue should be removed.
About 1 of 1500 women with early pregnancy symptoms has a molar pregnancy. Molar pregnancy is thought to be caused by a problem with the genetic information of an egg or sperm. There are 2 types of molar pregnancy:
- Complete molar pregnancy : An egg with no genetic information is fertilized by a sperm. The sperm grows on its own, but it can only become a lump of tissue. It cannot become foetus. As this tissue grows, it looks a bit like a cluster of grapes. This cluster of tissue can fill the uterus.
|Source: google image|
- Partial molar pregnancy: An egg is fertilized by 2 sperms. The placenta becomes the molar growth. Any fetal tissue that forms is likely to have severe defects. Sometimes a pregnancy that seems to be twins is found to be one foetus and one molar pregnancy. But this is very rare.
|Source: Google image|
Factor of molar pregnancy:
- Age - the risk for complete molar pregnancy steadily increases after age 35.
- A history of molar pregnancy - especially if you have had 2 or more.
- A history of miscarriage
- A diet low in carotene - Carotene can be found in carrot and it is formed of vitamin A. A women who don't get enough of this vitamin have a higher rate of complete molar pregnancy.
- Missed period or morning sickness just like a normal pregnancy
- Bleeding from vagina
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Sign of hyperthyroidism - feeling nervous or tired, having a fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating a lot.
- Uncomfortable feeling in the pelvis.
- Vaginal discharge of tissue that is shaped like grapes.
How it is being diagnosed?
- A pelvic exam (pelvic ultrasound)
- A blood test to measure your pregnancy hormones
How to avoid?
Woman out there, please be extra conscious when you start or plan to conceive. There are many ways to treat molar pregnancy. There are some cases, molar pregnancy can be reproduced even the tissue has been removed. Here, I would like to suggest people who experienced molar pregnancy and miscarriage to wear Premium Beautiful corset where it has far infra red embedded in the corset and the source is from bioceramic thread. It can promote blood circulation and can shrink the cyst.
Call/whatsapp/sms to 0126714487 for free consultation..